Healthy Body, Healthy Mind: A Recipe For A Wonderful Quinoa Salad
Here is a sample of the delicious dishes we do at Yoga Retreats Malaga, and so far, it has been one of our most popular recipes. Of course, all the food we serve is vegetarian and/or vegan, which is perfect for keeping your body healthy and your mind content. As the title suggests, the main ingredient is Quinoa, which is a whole grain originating from South America. Quinoa is rich iron, potassium, magnesium, vitamin E and protein. The food is light on the body, easy to digest and perfect to eat during the warm days of the Andalusian summer.
So without further ado, here is the recipe for the GINGERY QUINOA SALAD WITH APPLE AND COCOS (ingredients shown are for a portion of 4 people)
Before you begin, cook the Quinoa in vegetable juice ( 1 carrot ), which gives this grain salad a gorgeous color, a hint of flavor, and a boost of vitamin C and beta-carotene.
For the salad you will need:
• 1/3 cup chopped almonds
• 2 teaspoon of vegetable oil
• Half cup chopped onion
• 2 tablespoons of minced fresh ginger
• 1 full cup of Quinoa
• 1 half cups beet-carrot or carrot juice
• 1 cup frozen peas
• 1 medium diced apple
• 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Toast almonds in saucepan over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until fragrant, as they begin to brown, stir often, and let it cool.
2. Wipe out saucepan and add the oil and onion. Sauté the onion for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they become translucent, stir occasionally.
3. Stir in the ginger, Quinoa, and juice. Of you want you may also season with salt and pepper. Boil the mix. Then cover it, reduce the heat to medium-low, for simmering 15 to 20 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
4. Remove from heat, and scatter peas over the cooked Quinoa. Cover, and let stand 10 minutes, until peas are soft
5. Stir apple, coconut, and almonds into salad. You may serve warm or at room temperature.
With this recipe, you will be sure to impress all your friends. They will not be able to get resist the delicious flavor, and will probably ask you to make it again!